Zhiyun WEEBILL-S (Original Package)
The Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL-S incorporates the underslung mode design of its predecessor, the WEEBILL LAB, and also has a more compact form as well as other new features. The sling mode design consists of a handle on the rear that allows for easy switching to underslung mode as well as better handling in all other modes. Other improvements include upgraded motors and stabilization algorithm. The WEEBILL-S features 300% more motor torque and 50% more responsiveness. This allows you to better balance camera/lens combos such as the Canon 5D Mark IV with a 24-70mm zoom lens.
Being released along with the WEEBILL-S as an optional accessory is the TransMount Image Transmission Module, a compact device designed to neatly mount under the quick release plate of the WEEBILL-S and allow wireless streaming of up to 1080p30 resolution over distances up to 328'. Up to three devices, including phones, tablets, and select professional monitors, can be synced up using corresponding receiver modules.
The companion Zhiyun-Tech ZY Play app, compatible with iOS and Android, has been upgraded to work with the Image Transmission Module to allow more efficient control of the gimbal. A feature in the app called SmartFollow 2.0 works with the module to allow precision object tracking directly from the app. A tool called Sync Motion enables real-time monitoring and synchronous motion control. There are also upgrades to standard features, including ViaTouch 2.0, which allows you to control various functions and settings of your camera and gimbal directly from your smartphone screen. These include zoom and focus, where supported, as well as follow speed, ISO, aperture, and more. Other features you'll find in the ZY Play app include creative capture tools such as Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Long Exposure Timelapse, among others.
The WEEBILL-S offers six modes of operation. These include Full-Range POV Mode, which allows 360° synchronous movement on all three axes, and Vortex Mode, which lets you achieve 360° barrel shots. Please see the Features section below for a description of all six modes. Other features of the gimbal include Intelligent Auto-Tune, which automatically recognizes the weight of your camera and adapts to the weight to provide the best power efficiency possible. The battery operating time of the WEEBILL-S has also been increased to up to 14 hours.
The WEEBILL-S allows electronic focus control with supporting cameras. This is done using the integrated handwheel. Please see the Zhiyun-Tech website for an up-to-date list of supported cameras. The gimbal also supports mechanical focus and zoom control using optional motors. The WEEBILL-S supports the TransMount motors as well as all the other TransMount accessories that the predecessor model was compatible with. Among these is the Quick Setup Adapter Set that has become very popular since its release.
The WEEBILL-S comes with multiple accessories, including an Arca Swiss/Manfrotto dual-layer quick release plate and a storage case. Also included is a mini tripod that can be used as a stand or an extension handle. The mini tripod is also what completes the gimbal for underslung, low-mode operation. It attaches to the rear handle to function as an overhead handle.
- Key Features
- The WEEBILL-S incorporates the rear handle design of its predecessor, the WEEBILL LAB, into a more compact form with new features. These include highly upgraded motors and stabilization algorithm.
- TransMount Image Transmission Module
- The WEEBILL-S supports the optional TransMount Image Transmission Module, which is being released at around the same time. This compact module attaches under the mounting plate of the gimbal and allows for 1080p30 transmission for up to 328' to corresponding receivers. Up to three receivers are supported, allowing you to stream to three devices simultaneously. Compatible devices include smartphones, tablets, and select monitors.
Upgraded ZY Play App
- The companion ZY Play iOS/Android app has been upgraded to work together with the optional TransMount Image Transmission Module to provide an enhanced workflow. Many features, such as ViaTouch 2.0, have also been upgraded to work independently of the Image Transmission Module. 6 Modes of Operation
- Full-Range POV Mode Allows 360° synchronous movement on all three axes. This ensures that instead of leveling off during motion, the camera will remain locked in position no matter how far you move the gimbal in a certain direction, allowing for true POV shots.
- Vortex Mode Create 360° barrel shots.
- Go Mode Operate at maximum follow speed for extreme sports and similar applications.
- PF Mode The camera pans as you turn the gimbal left and right. This feature is highly useful for hyperlapse capture.
- F Mode The camera will follow the movement of the gimbal handle.
- L Mode Keep your subject in focus when you mimic dolly or jib movements.